Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to show your loved ones, friends, or even yourself how much they mean to you. However, traditional gifts such as flowers and chocolates can sometimes feel cliché and unoriginal when you’re really trying to impress. If you’re among those needing some inspiration for how to make the most of one of the sweetest days of the year, we put together a list of 15 creative ways to celebrate Valentine's Day through gifts and experiences. Get ready to share love, and plenty of options for irresistible treats delivered right to your door with the ones you care about most.
Valentine's Day is a day dedicated to love and affection, but it's important to remember that one of the most important relationships in your life is the one you have with yourself. Loving yourself is crucial for your overall well-being and happiness.
When you love and appreciate yourself, you are able to take care of your needs, set boundaries, and make decisions that are in your best interest. You also become more confident, secure, and resilient in the face of life's challenges. When you love yourself, you are able to show love to others and form healthy, meaningful relationships with those around you.
- Immerse yourself in nature- Bundle up and enjoy a scenic walk around one of your favorite areas. Let the sunshine and fresh air rejuvenate your mind guiding you toward an attitude of gratitude. Take time to slow down and appreciate the beauty all around you. This can be a great opportunity to reflect on the positive qualities that make you who you are.
- Treat yourself - Indulge in a dessert that you've been desiring, whether it’s a box of heart shaped brownies delivered to your door or another indulgent treat. Taking time to honor your cravings and satisfy your taste buds can make you feel pampered and extra special this Valentine’s Day. If there’s a special treat or activity that you’ve been wanting to try, use this as your best excuse to go after it.
- Go on a road trip- Explore a new place, take a scenic drive, or visit a nearby city. Break free from your daily routine and embrace your adventurous side. Take a historical tour and learn something new, try a cultural restaurant, or explore the beautiful countryside to create lovely memories for yourself. Be sure to pack your camera to document your travels and perhaps even make a playlist of songs you love to listen to on your road trip. Pack lots of treats for the drive home and simply enjoy the ride.
- Do something nice for someone- Doing good for others makes us feel good about ourselves. Use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to do a random act of kindness for someone in your life and reap the benefits of how good that kindness feels. Help a neighbor, volunteer at a local organization, write a heartfelt letter, or order a surprise gift box. Doing good for others can make you feel fulfilled and loved. Choose an activity that matches your interests, and remember that no act of giving your time is too small.
- Try out a new recipe- Experiment with a new dish or cooking method you have never tried before. This can be a fun and delicious way to challenge yourself to try something new. Step out of your comfort zone and make space for new ingredients, whether it’s adding a special flair to your dessert or an entirely new technique for making a meal. It will be a huge sense of accomplishment when it’s time to enjoy your creation! If cooking isn’t your thing, there are always opportunities to have pre-made goodies delivered right to your door.
Celebrate your partner
If you have a partner, celebrating them on Valentine's Day is an important aspect of maintaining a healthy and happy relationship. Showing your love and appreciation for your partner through thoughtful gestures, meaningful gifts, or special experiences sends a message that you value and cherish them. This can help strengthen your bond and deepen your love for each other.
- A Baked Breakfast in Bed- Start your Valentine's Day off right by treating your loved one to a delicious breakfast in bed. Choose from a variety of baked goods and set it up on an elevated tray with a variety of drinks such as espresso, juice, and sparkling water, along with a small vase of flowers to make it extra special.
- Coffee Talk- Take the opportunity to try a new coffee shop in town. While tasting different flavors, spark up a lovely chat using a set of conversation cards for couples. Bring along some treats to enjoy while you sip your coffee or tea. Perhaps a couple of Chunky New York Cookies would be the perfect companion for your special date.
- Paint and Sip- Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to relax and enjoy a guided painting session together. The venue will provide everything you need for a great evening. From paintbrushes, paint, and aprons to fun music and a host that will teach you how to make the painting of the day. If you’d rather stay in, order your own tools for a paint and sip at home. Of course, that evening wouldn’t be complete without utilizing our rocky road delivery service!
- Catch some thrills- Valentine’s Day has a reputation for dimly lit, quiet, and relaxing romantic evenings. But it can be just as romantic to get your hearts pumping as you enjoy a little adventure. Hot air balloon rides or a helicopter ride over the city can be an exciting alternative to some of the more traditional Valentine’s Day activities.
- Celebrate on a different day- If you want to really surprise your partner, choose a day before Valentine’s Day to sweep them off their feet. If you love traditional Valentine’s day plans but simply don’t have the time during the work week, set up a romantic evening before the special day (otherwise, they might think you forgot) to pull out all the stops. They’ll be surprised, and it will take pressure off of the real day at a time when everyone might be busy or tired after a long day at work. On the real day you can relax, stay in with a blondie delivery box, and enjoy the fact that you’ve already celebrated the special day.
Celebrate your friends and family
Whether it’s your best friends, siblings, parents, or other loved ones, celebrating your friends and family on Valentine's Day is just as important as celebrating your romantic partner. Your relationships with your loved ones improve your happiness and well-being and taking the time to show them love and appreciation can help strengthen these bonds.
- Cook them a special meal- Taking the time to choose a recipe they will enjoy and cook it from the heart is a thoughtful gift your loved ones will surely appreciate. You can enjoy the meal together, or you can box it up with a bow and drop it off for them. It will let them know you’re thinking of them even if your plans don’t allow you to spend the day together. Don’t forget about dessert! We’ve got you covered with our Valentine’s Brownies!
- Create custom gift baskets- Packaging up a host of goodies is a wonderful way to celebrate a friend. Fill it with a variety of their favorite food and drink items, plus a few unique extras (such as candles, a journal, or a meaningful keepsake) that will bring them joy for months to come. We’ll send the postal brownies to bring your gift basket to the next level!
- Host a get together- Plan a time that your friends can get together and host an intimate gathering. Charcuterie board parties are a great option for everyone to bring their own favorite style of board. You can pick a type of food or simply allow everyone to bring something they love making. Our mixed box of rocky road would make an excellent addition to a board with a variety of sweets. Together you can all enjoy a meal and appreciate your friendship. Put up simple decorations to make it feel even more special.
- Host a family game night- Game nights are great for guests of all ages. Have some guests bring their favorite game, and others bring their favorite snack (our Bronuts make the perfect game night treat!) for an alternative Valentine’s day plan that will have everyone laughing and enjoying the evening together. If you’re not into classic board games, plan Minute to Win style games that will get everyone up off their feet competing in fun Valentine-themed challenges.
- Spa night and chocolate tasting- Get the party started at your favorite spa for massages, or enjoy a relaxing evening at home. Host a manicure party for your friends and set up a variety of nail and skin treatment options for them to choose from. After spa time, indulge in a chocolate tasting with a variety of your favorite Chummys Bakery treats. There’s no shortage of goodies perfect for your gathering.
Valentine's Day is a special occasion to celebrate love and affection, not only with your partner but also with your family, friends, and yourself. From indulging in sweet treats, immersing yourself in new adventures, or simply doing something nice for someone, there are many creative ways to make the most of this special day outside of the traditional flowers and chocolates. Regardless of how you choose to celebrate, make this Valentine's Day a memorable one filled with love and treats for everyone.